Thursday 2 August 2007

cloudy but fine




the things i cannot do, i do not do.

the storms have made travel more difficult. have seen branches and their branches impede movement. have forced us indoors to indoor activities and cupasoups.

i like mine too hot to drink.

my path becomes a mangrove swamp i wade through in boots i hold on to with my toes.

incidentally, how delightful is the mallee root?

my parents used to burn them in the open fire-place of my childhood home. i knew that a new one added to the flames meant a later bed-time.

they take many hours to burn.

the storm will force me to stay indoors all day. i will pile things too high until i cannot reach the top of them without a chair, or a ladder, or a pair of shoulders on which to climb.

and when i can no longer pile, i will no longer climb.

No comments: