Thursday 9 August 2007

last night in the dark


i wanted to wake you to tell you:

i curl my toes in as hard as i can.
i look into the wind till it makes me
cry. i float. i crunch ice
in my back teeth. i lie down
in the front row. i use my hands. i force everyone
i know to read me a page. i panic
when it is my turn. i love the holding
hands stage. i forget
to look both ways. i spit off bridges. i lay
piles of stones at the entrance. i play chess
randomly. i love the character.
i love that when i interrupt
you when you are speaking you still hear me.
that your skin changes
temperature when you fall asleep, (to a
soft warm that could have a name of its own
it feels so exclusively yours). my excessive salt
intake and small frame are not related. i would rather
be too hot in a scarf than too cold in a t-shirt. i drop
things even when i am being careful. the most interesting thing a person can do is listen. i love seeing men hold hands. artichoke hearts make mine happy.

No comments: