Monday 22 December 2008

A Very Cool Christmas

Melbourne is defrosting and par-boiling in 34 degree heat today.

I just met Jack and Jaime in the stairwell at work. They were red-faced and puffed when I found them somewhere between the third and fourth floors. I asked them if they had been running up and down the stairs and they said:

"Na. Wanna see what we've been doing? Come with us!!"

And so I ran down to the bottom of the stairs with Jack while Jaime ran to the top.

Jack said, "OK, back here, this is the safe spot."

And then in his 11 year old squeal he yelled up to Jaime "OK, we're ready!!"

And then Jaime pelted a plastic penguin down the 7 flights of stairs to near where we stood.

Jack proudly collected the penguin from the cool concrete and handed it to me like a cat presenting a dead pigeon to its owner and said, "See, hardly a scratch!"

I picked the plastic palm sized penguin (I assume is a character from Madagascar 2), from his hand and laughed with glee at the penguin missing an eye and it's beak but with bulbous body still intact!

No comments: